Monday 12 February 2018

I'd Better Buy A Yoga Mat ...

I was given a Netflix voucher by YD who thought it would be fun ... and unfortunately it is. The first weekend I watched all 30 episodes of Fargo and started to talk with a Montana accent.
Then it was Grimm , Ainsley Harriot eating street food and The Good Place.

 I'm becoming housebound. If it weren't for the fact that you have to place a minimum order of 50 Euros to get the supermarket to deliver your order , I might have stopped leaving the flat at all.

 I'm still going to Keep Fit but now the physiotherapist and I are exchanging recommendations ( we share an enjoyment of modern American detective fiction) and I fear it's only a matter of time for her , too.

To be on the safe side, I'd better buy a Yoga mat so that I can at least pretend to keep active at the same time.

This position might be good ... called Anantasana ( the Sanskrit for sofa holding , according to my Dutch handy handbook ) it looks achievable and not incompatable with bingeing through a few more series.

All suggestions wecome.

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have you seen The Sopranos? Mad Men? Breaking Bad? We live in a Golden Age of TV.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, I highly recommend Six Feet Under too.

Joanne Noragon said...

I'm glad I cannot remember all the TV shows my granddaughter tells me she has seen on Netflix. The Montana accent reference is fun. I can close my eyes and recall accents I've heard all over the country. Trouble is, that was fifty and sixty years ago, and I wonder if they still exist, or if they have been flattened. How I remember Maine. And Massachusetts. And....

colleen said...

I'd like a picture when you manage that position. No yoga mat necessary!

love those cupcakes said...

Snap! I was given a Netflix voucher, too. Can highly recommend Alias Grace. And thanks for reminding me I need to replace my yoga mat. The current one is proving a tad slippy for one legged Down Dog.

Liz Hinds said...

I do a version of Anantasana. It involves lying on the sofa and not holding my leg in the air.

We have Netflix but we're running out of things to watch. No, I am. Husband is still finding things but I am a little disillusioned with all the misery and grimness of some. Grace and Frankie! Do watch that.

Lucille said...

Gilmore Girls would keep you busy for quite a while. The Crown? The Marvellous Mrs Maisel?