Monday 4 January 2016

In Case You've Forgotten What It Looks Like ...

It snowed here , last night !

 
 
Not very much , it's true , but I thought you'd like a reminder of what winter can  look like .

Skeins of geese are busy re-locating , flying overhead honking their disapproval over the change in temperature as they head a little further south . Smaller birds are all looking slightly startled  . One fat , slightly desperate  blackbird was trying to get at some berries on a rather spindly bush  ... he obviously felt like someone trying to pick apples with the help of a trampoline .

P.S. No animals were frozen in the making of this photo ... It's a neighbour's plastic garden ornament .

5 comments:

Lucille said...

Ooh white stuff! Now I need you to show me a picture of the sun.

colleen said...

I've been spoils by the mild weather here. Most of my woolies are still in mothproof bags. I'm remaining vigilant though because this is England after all and anything could happen.

materfamilias said...

We got the lightest skiff of the white stuff here this morning as well, and it's just enough to pretty things up while not interfering with anyone's need to get anywhere. . . Sadly, the temps are going to rise toward the weekend and we'll be back to rain. But for the last few days, at least, I had to remember where I'd stashed my sunglasses.

Liz Hinds said...

It's not! is it? there are two fake sheep in the gardens of Uncle's apartment complex. It was very confusing when a real black one joined them one day.

Today I spotted open daffodils and azaleas. Crazy weather. WE need some real cold to get rid of all these bugs hanging around please.

love those cupcakes said...

Not even a sniff of it here, more's the pity. Just sog, sog and more sog.