Sunday 3 August 2014

August ! Already ? !!

It can't be .
 I mean , I know we've been lolling about in blazing sunshine for weeks now , but there are lots of things I haven't done yet . Haven't had a picnic for instance , or got a suntan. I haven't gone swimming ... not that I ever do , if I think about it ... or gone to the beach ( ditto ) , or a barbecue

BUT I have encountered spacemen ,


 seen the odd swan ,


been found wanting by squirrels,


 seen lots of graffiti ,




gone on a guided city walk ,

 
 

 eaten bruschetta in a field with half of England's middle-aged middle class ,
                                      
                                         *

(*  No , I didn't do it twice . Blogger's just repeated the photo )

I've been taught how to avoid being annihilated by the Joker ( this wasn't a wild success , the multitasking needed to play Batman 2 on Wii proved to be too much for me . "Never mind , Granny" . You tried ". )  and was taught by a two year-old the best way to deal with a condescending waiter ( you must turn right round in your chair to face him , pause , smile and repeat your order in exactly the same voice you used the first time ... well , it worked for Small Grandson , anyway . Might have been the smile ) .

 I've eaten fish and chips , watched a waiters' Champagne race in Soho ,


 eaten a fish cake at Muriel's ,  a gingerbread lady in Southwark


and a chicken wrap in MacDonald's .And gone to lots of exhibitions ...

 And it's still only August , which gives me loads of sunlight hours to read , sew , eat tomatoes , find the right chaas recipe and to give the evil eye to whistling neighbour .... or even go for a picnic .

5 comments:

Friko said...

So, you’ve visited these shores, have you? Was it hot?

Looks like you made the most of it and had a few life lessons into the bargain.

Vicki Lane said...

Your summer sounds delightful so far!

love those cupcakes said...

It all sounds good to me. Apart from the whistling neighbour.

Jocelyn said...

I share the feeling of this post, which is to grab it all up while the sun shines. The dark months loom too close already...so keep sucking up the fun as fast as you can!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh my word! What a fun time you have been having. Those swans are amazing - and the graffiti - and the waiters and just everything!