Thursday 8 April 2010

Back In The Land Of The Living

Sonata :

Pinchito spices from Barcelona arrived in the post today from Smitonius . So chicken pinchitos (brochettes ) tonight then .




And lemons from Marcel's aunt's little farm in Corsica brought back via Husband will form a bed of lemon slices for baked mackerel tomorrow night .



Don't you love edible souvenirs !

Then , having spent all last weekend feeling decidedly peaky , and after a fraught week at work .... the boiler and power keep on dying and , even if we could entertain preschoolers in a freezing room , the lack of a telephone makes it illegal ..... I'm ready to PARTY !!

Well , Sonata-style anyway . I'll be sewing this evening , keen to finish this ....



which reminds me of this ( stained glass in a Haarlem cafe )




now I have a good look at it !!

And on Saturday a Collector's Fair beckons .

Have a good weekend ...

9 comments:

Rattling On said...

Those lemons look so good. Love the little quilt, don't know where you find the patience...

molly said...

Envious of those gorgeous lemons! The frost killed our lemon tree last year. I miss being able to walk outside and pluck when I needed one instead of going to the store...

Lovely little quilt. How tiny are those squares?

Von said...

Glad the week got better! I love edible souvenirs too and anything to do with food.I still treasure and regularly use,a tiny whisk from Amsterdam.

Anonymous said...

I really like the similarity of your beautiful quilt colours and the Haarlem window which is so pretty.Lemon trees remind me of my grandparents who grew a lovely one in their backyard. The neighbour's Fox Terrier loved to play fetch with the dropped lemons on the ground.Fond memories for me.

Penny said...

Oooh, that's pretty, and my mouth is watering even tho' I've just eaten...(gluttony is a terrible thing!) Love those pinky shades, that little quilt is exquisite.
Penny x

Suse said...

You two do get around. Such a cosmopolitan meal!

Love the teeny squares quilt.

Tania said...

Bit jealous of those edible souvenirs. Especially since I just heard a lovely Dutch buddy tried to send a bundle of ‘drop’ in my direction. No doubt Australian customs are having a veritable salty sweet licorice party even as I type. Grrr.

Friko said...

a little trip round an edible and edifying atlas.
I'm glad you are feeling ready to riot again.

Liz Hinds said...

Beautiful quilt.

We went to Corsica last summer: I loved it! My favourite place.