Friday 15 January 2010

Self Service

Sonata :



A busy week has left me determined to sit down and not move till Monday .



So ,to this end , I've made a big pot of proper Baked Beans and that , with good bread , cheese and fruit will be on offer to any fellow residents . Feathered visitors will find a self- service apple with sunflower seeds in the back yard .

If we're really lucky I might rally and throw a stew in the oven with baked potatoes tomorrow .
Normal service might return on Sunday ....


if not there's plenty of bacon and eggs .

5 comments:

Marcheline said...

Yes, I am having a hard time pulling myself out of the post-holiday mudflats, meself. Bacon and eggs it is.

Rattling On said...

Ha ha- more fry-ups. Proper cold weather food! Love the apple-feeder. great idea. I put apples out for the birds and then sat and watched a field mouse having himself a feast on it.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it hard to get back into the swing of things? My brain is still telling me I need chocolate, my
Weightwatchers guru would rather I tucked into an apple with sunflower seeds!

laurie said...

for "no cooking" those sound like rather wonderful meals. wish we had bacon. we do have pancake mix, though, and lovely maple syrup....

mountainear said...

Excellent sounding menu. I've got nothing in and will have to raid store cupboard and freezer and be ingenious. Always much harder work than having something planned.

Those baked beans sound pretty good - it's years since I've had 'proper' baked beans.