Monday 4 January 2010

A few extra pounds?

Smitonius:

As I am not a) in the dating game or b) in the beautiful people league, I don't risk being axed off this dating site for my two to three extra holiday pounds. And I cannot ennact the new year healthy diet resolution until mid-January as off on holiday tomorrow.... to Georgia and South Carolina. Not sure any of these culinary trends are low fat!

I blame my extra pounds on the following:


An abundance of meat dishes, such as Gennaro Contaldo's Porchetta recipe, which we enjoyed on Xmas day with a side dish of Radicchio, and we did follow Matt Follas' partridge recipe for new years eve too (very good instructions). Selection after selection of cheeses, such as Picos Blue, and St Marcelin. And home made mince pies using Paul A Young 'cocoa nib and chocolate mincemeat' (very tasty out of the jar, but looses its wow factor in a pie - the left over will be going into making an ice cream... or eaten sneakily out of the jar... who me?).

6 comments:

Rattling On said...

That blue cheese is making my mouth water just looking at the photo, really it is. I had some wonderful stilton over Christmas, so strong and creamy it made me sweat!! Have a great holiday, maybe it'll be a bit warmer...

rachel said...

Enjoy Georgia, where my brother used to live - lots of fattening food there! But better weather..... I'm envious.

Von said...

Maybe you need to visit us here on the Fleueriu Peninsula for a good feed!

Jane Lock said...

Have a fantastic time dan sarf...no, hang on, wrong accent. My one and only trip to South Carolina introduced me to Krispy Kremes (very good) & pork barbecue (oh so very, very bad). Happy culinary exploring! x

molly said...

No, that definitely doesn't look like diet fare!
I hope the weather warms up for your holiday---my teeth have been chattering constantly for several weeks now. I'm ready to get back to normal weather for this time of year!

mountainear said...

The mincemeat sounds intriguing - can't imagine a chocolate variety. Isn't that rather 'over egging the pudding'? One or the other perhaps but not both at the same time. Am I just being a bit of a kill-joy?