Thursday 10 December 2009

I'll Have Mine Without The Grapes , Please

Sonata :

Actually , whatever we eat this weekend .....Bratworst was mentioned , more than once , I believe ......I doubt this Dutch recipe for sauerkraut with grapes


will be on the menu . At least I hope not .

But Smitonius and her partner are winging their way to Bremen this weekend and I will be joining them . We're going for the Christmas Market and will , incidentally , be celebrating Smitonius' birthday .
We'll have 2 days to stuff our faces with Bratworst , delicious bread , lovely beer , loads of hefty winter stews and Gluhwijn . I'll give the hot wine a miss , but , unlike the others , will definitely eat some sauerkraut ... without fruit . All the weaving our way through the dazzling displays of Angels , gnomes and candles ....not to mention stalls of steaming Bratworst can make one peckish .

On Sunday we'll rush home , clutching loads of pretty wooden Christmas tree decorations , sock wool , more lovely bread and , I don't know about everyone else , the 8 year old inner me would love a big feathery hat with ribbons .


And lots and lots of photos , which we'll inflict on you next week .

8 comments:

rachel said...

So Smitonius is a Sagittarian.... maybe that's why I enjoy her comments so much - we Sagittarians tend to like each other! Possibly more than other star signs do!

Have a lovely trip - I hope you'll treat yourself to a truly mad hat, and show us next week!

FWOG. said...

Each time I drop by your blog I always seem to get hungry... and inspired.

Enjoy your sauerkraut (without grapes).
W

Tania said...

Excellent. I shall await the photographic infliction.

While I kind of get the THEORY behind the grape/sauerkraut bizzo, I am very with you on the refusal to do any of the practise...

Duyvken said...

The Christmas Market!!! We demand photos, lots of photos.
Have a great trip.

Tattieweasle said...

Sounds heavenly - I used to love the Christmas Market in Germany when we were posted there - it was so otherworldy and as an eight year old at the time, so totally magical and all that gingerbread..take me back. Looking forward to the photos!

laurie said...

hey, smitonius--

we had an early christmas with friends over the weekend, and my friend ann was floored by the beauty of the bracelet i gave her--antique button and all.

she loves vintage, she loves original, she loves hand-made. she was quite happy.

just thought you'd like to know.

Marcheline said...

Happy Birthday, Smitonius! My birthday is today! Mine and Beethoven's. He's better on the piano, but he's also dead. So it all evens out in the end.

Marcheline said...

Um, wait a second. It's the 16th here where I am, but I just saw my post is labeled the 15th.

Damn the time line!