Sunday 17 May 2009

Another Lazy Weekend

Sonata:

Saturday night was devoted to Eurovision , of course . Unmissable , you'll never see that much glitter anywhere else . The songs are not what it's about really .....and I say that as the only member of the school choir who mimed most of the time . Well , I couldn't cope with the descant bits and the nun in charge , Madame Alexander , a lovely woman , but deaf to opposition , brushed off my pleas for release with her usual "Nonsense , just Concentrate ! " Well , they concentrated last night , most of them . But I think I've seen enough people giving it their all for a while .

On my own this weekend so lunch at the computer



Today it's my version of the Low Fat Oat Scones that Smitonius bakes . No , I haven't burnt them . I used wholemeal flour and replaced honey with molasses because that's what I had ... then ate them with butter and cheese . Delicious ! With Tregothan Earl Grey tea ( their website is www.tregothan.co.uk and they grow lovely tea in Cornwall , which they then blend with Indian tea . They're descended from the Earl Grey the blend is named after . )



I spent the rest of the day pottering about and sewing ..I even managed to sew something round ! I found a small piece of gold cotton sateen and made another pincushion , trimmed with some old French ribbon that I'd had for ages . What with that and enjoying " Châles de Russie " , a beautiful book on 18th and 19th century shawls , published in 1985 by Editions d'art Aurora in Leningrad , I haven't minded the driving rain outside

But next weekend I'd like to sit here and bask a bit if I can ..... it's not mine, unfortunately, but I'll just pretend for a while and watch the boats go by .



By the way , re. the last post from Smitonius , that was just the tip of the iceberg . We are , as a family , given to hoarding .

3 comments:

Tania said...

So yearning for a weekend like yours - only since they come around once every seven years, I'd have to find a way to squeeze in the bench sitting regardless of rain.

Congratulations on your enviable roundy sewing!

Jo James said...

Hi!
I'd be thrilled for you to join our little fabric swap :) Then we'll be international!
Could you send along your email so I can send you my land address?

Here's my e-mail:
DylanJoee@msn.com

chiconomy said...

My Saturday was dedicated to Eurovision too, we had a party where each guest brought a traditional dish from each participating country! I ended up spending theSunday clearing up after - not lazy but we didn't achieve much other than eating :)

Well done with your sewing project, after the costumes, eating and cleaning all I wanted to do was read my book.