Saturday 17 January 2009

Well , you can't refuse a bargain .

Sonata:

A Collector's Fair cannot be missed. In amongst the numerous things I neither need nor want are a lot of things I certainly don't need but must have.


A stall full of vintage sewing odds and ends revealed a hideous basket full of old buttons. Leaving the basket for someone who collects fraying wicker trimmed with blue plastic, I carried off a whole bag of buttons for €2. Not that I collect them, or anything else for that matter, but I can't resist a bargain.
All Sunday was spent sorting, arranging and admiring my finds. My current favourite is the black whirlygig one, 2"across,

but I love the grey ones too

....and the oblong ones ....I could go on but won't.

Other finds were 6 rather foxed, but charming, handpainted postcards from 1922 for 40 cents each and a Belgian floor tile catalogue, circa 1930, fascinating to a quilter.

Oh, by the way, I've reduced the price of my Round The World quilt in our Etsy shop. Have a look.

No comments: