Wednesday 12 November 2008

Sonata:

I make quilts for Hitty dolls. Since she's quite small, my quilts are usually 8"x 7". So I can't wait to see the giant one which will be hung on our local landmark this Saturday ....It's going to be about 80 feet long and 30 wide. It's been made by 360 local quilters from Kaffe Fassett materials and the great man himself will be present. He and a local councillor will be at the opening ceremony of the Quilt exhibition at the Fries Museum, here in Leeuwarden, when this enormous colourful banner will be unfurled from the Oldehove, our local version of the Leaning Tower. Afterwards the quilters will have an advance viewing and the exhibition will open to the public the next day , 16th November . It runs till the 29th of March 2009 .
The long quilt should stay in place till Sunday , weather permitting ....mind you , at the moment it's blowing a gale !

I'm delighted to get the chance to see all this quilt goodness! There are workshops till March and a lecture by Kaffe Fasset ( at 120 Euros a ticket it is too expensive for me ! ) and in February a quilt market .


If you Google the Fries Museum Leeuwarden, you'll see the details. Being a novice blogger I haven't a clue how to make a link, sorry. By my next entry, I'm determined to find out how to .

I'll tell you on Monday what I thought of it , long quilt and all .

No comments: